Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Testing.... one, two

The squares to the Barn Raising Quilt are all done and I spent the morning laying out the squares in an arrangement that pleased me. Of course, the dog took that as a cue to walk in the middle of everything and sit. I got some good photos before she rolled around, silly girl! By the way that thing in the bottom of the photo is a ladder. I had to stand on a ladder to get everything into the frame.


Then, I tried a sample of connecting the squares with single crochet. I have a very dark color from Miss Babs called blackbird (not in this photo). I think black single crochet will give a leaded stained glass effect. I think I am ready to finish this beast.


2 comments :

Unknown said...

I think it's going to be gorgeous--can't wait to see the finished product!

At least the dog just sat down and rolled. Several years ago, I was putting together a quilt. I had a variety of blocks and had spent hours arranging and rearranging them on the only clear space that was big enough--the final floor of what was my office/craft room in that rental house. I finally got just the look I wanted...and as I stood up to admire my work, our oldest cat came flying into the room, hit a block on the edge, and surfed on that block all the way across until slamming into the far wall. Quilt blocks were scattered everywhere.

I'm not sure how he didn't become our late cat after that stunt.

woolydaisy said...

darla is so cute-at least she's not eating the squares!