Thursday, August 06, 2009

Never Underestimate the Power of Crochet

One of my goals with this blanket is to figure out how to attach the squares with the least amount of starts, stops and ends. I came up with a solution while laying in bed, trying to fall asleep- crochet. I figured out a path of zig zagging concentric paths radiating out from the center. And by George, the plan is going to work. I just follow my photo of the layout, grab a few squares and get single crocheting:


Now doesn't this idea just kick ass! Don't neglect those crochet skills, they'll come in handy sometime.

3 comments :

Unknown said...

First, I'll have to LEARN some crochet skills...durn it.

woolydaisy said...

always been a worry for me-how to sew the squares together? does it leave a ridge? i can't believe you are done-horray!!

fairyhedgehog said...

I wondered how you'd joined them! I love the effect - yours is by far the most beautiful of these quilts I've seen so far.