Thursday, March 05, 2009

Yarn Coma (part deux)

Things got very sketchy Thurs after the market preview. I know we went up to the room to eat a yummy savory spread provided by Steph (Wooly) and Rhodie and we plowed through two bottles of merlot. They are seriously gracious guests.



Rhodie completed this terrific seed stitch shawl with a ruffled edge. I fumbled around trying to start a pair of socks and I believe Wooly was winding also. I never got far on the socks.



There was talk of going swimming, but it didn't happen that night. Friday, after breakfast we hit the market and got completely overwhelmed again. We came out once for air and lunch but had to do one last market trip in the afternoon. We then set up camp at the lobby bar area. We made friends with the following Ravelers: Zardra, Curlie, Melinda and probably some others I am forgetting. Zardra made a dash back to the market for a ball of precious qiviut. We all oohed and ahhhed. Before I die I must buy some.



Someone showed us her new thong patterns she just purchased. I always do that at the bar! We also defended our Polish waitress' honor from some guy with sparkling teeth.

Wooly and Rhodie had to pack up and and get ready to leave. I was sad to see them go but I think they will do this again next year. I was was delighted to find a gift of lovely yarn from Tactile snuck into my suitcase. I'll get a good solo photo of it later, it's very pretty. Wooly and Rhodie are the best.

The rest of my adventure is rather mellow. I took an all day Russian lace class with Galina Khmeleva, owner of Skaska Designs. Galina is a brilliant, witty, and may I add patient instructor that went through the history of Orenberg shawls. She passed around her samples that were just heavenly. We practiced our swatches with zephyr yarn while she spoke in her hypnotizing accent. It was great.



I met mother and daughter podcast team Gigi and Jasmine. They host a podcast called the Knitmore Girls and are quite entertaining. Zardra was spinning with them on Saturday at the Purlescence booth.



By Saturday evening I was pretty much shopped out and was lounging out in the lobby. I met fellow Raveler, Orangina and chatted for a couple of hours while we were people watching. Lily Chin popped by as Cruella DeVille. I love her costumes.



I think that sums up Sue, Wooly, and Rhodie's Excellent Adventure. I was tired. My luggage was overweight. And my body ached. But it was so worth it! See you next year!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was great to meet you at Stitches. I was looking at the latest WEBS blog entry, and am I nuts or is there a brief glimpse of you towards the end of the first video here? Standing in the LONG line to get into the Market? I kinda did a double-take. Anyhow, I think it's you and so now you're a celebrity!

http://blog.yarn.com/?p=1363

(link to WEBS blog)

See you next year! Happy Knitting,
Terri

woolydaisy said...

hey gurl- the coin join has already begun for next year!!!