Friday, September 21, 2007

Good Stuff

These are the completed monkey socks. I didn't like them at first, but they grew on me as they progressed. They're more muted and mellow than my usual color choices.



I started my red scarf . The pattern is called Irish Hiking Scarf. No offense to the designer but all of the Irishmen that I know and love would never wear this scarf hiking. Anyheck, it is going to a college student, along with a Target card (in case they are not the Irish hiking type). Seriously, a hefty cabled scarf should be a welcome addition to a college student's wardrobe.



Jerry found this Cuisinart ice cream maker on Ebay. It was never used and we got it for about $30. It is the best. It takes about a half an hour to crank out a quart of yummy goodness. We only done a couple of batches of plain vanilla but I see great potential for frozen yogurt, pina coladas, slurpees etc... Good score Jerry. What a guy!

1 comment :

kaoticorchid said...

You are such a more prolific knitter than I am. I'm just now working on the toe to my first Monkey! Yours look great though! What yarn are you making your Red Scarf out of?