Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Jerry's Birthday

Today is Jerry's birthday. He has been studying motorcycle magazines for about a year. He also took a motorcycle safety training course a couple of months ago. I knew this was coming. He found the Vespa last week on Craig's List and it only has 500 miles on it. So he took the plunge. And here's the kicker: he's calling it an accessory to RV. Geez! It makes me want to go on a yarn binge or something.



It was too hot to bake today so Katherine and I made Jerry an ice cream cake from Ben and Jerry's ice cream. We used a bunch of crushed oreos for the crust and layered New York Super Fudge Chunk, Vanilla, And Phish Food. A few hours later we ended up with this wonder. Easy peasy.



Guess who's back in our lives? Kirby is with us again. Neighbor Mike had to dash out of town. And...We also have the Lloyds' goldens Maddie and Cait. It's a regular dog party here. Lots of drooly kisses and whip like tails. I don't mind all of this dogsitting, but it is really exhausting me. It's also creating a free for all atmosphere here (who am I kidding, it's always crazy in this house). Nobody left me tranquilizers for the firework noise. I hope these guys don't wreck their houses (they were a little squirrely tonight).



I finished the socks that I started on the Mount Shasta trip. They have the weirdest pooling going on. I swear I ripped and restarted three times trying to get the color sequencing to occur the same way but it was fruitless. I decided let things just happen and they sure did.

1 comment :

kaoticorchid said...

Ahhh! I look away for a week and you post a whole lot! I love the new Vespa! I've always wanted one to scoot about here intown. Also, the new socks are lovely (sometimes pooling is ok) and the ice cream cake looks YUMMMMMYYYY!