Sunday, July 08, 2007

Damn You Eczema!

Sorry about the photo of my hand crud but it really upsets me. They were cracking repeatedly and no matter what cream I tried, it just continued to plague me. I finally went to my doctor and got some a prescription for some hard core cream. We also did a blood draw for thyroid, discussed anemia, and eating enough fiber, blah blah blah ..... All I really care about is the hands (my valuable tools!). They are improved already. Thanks, Doc!



Okay, I fell for it big time. I joined the MS3 knit along. I thought I was stronger and didn't need to be part of a chatty Yahoo Group that leaves a gazillion posts every two hours. But I saw it on the Harlot's site. And it contained beads (I am a bigtime beadlover). And I had some Jaggerspun Zephyr in my stash ready to dye. So in my weakness I succumbed to the call of the MS3. I'm a sucker. The yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr laceweight dyed a smoky grey. The beads: size 8 Miyuki seed beads in crystal with an aurora borealis finish. Those are black violets frrom the backyard garden-cool!



The next sock project is along the trendy popular vein also. I started a Pomatomus. I love Cookie A's designs. That's Cassa's yarn she gifted me when we swapped about a month ago. It looks very water colored and fits the fish scale theme. Nice challenging chart.



Two more days of dog sitting and I am free from canine responsibility for a while. Phew !

1 comment :

kaoticorchid said...

Wow! How cool that the yarn I sent you is becoming a Pomatomus! I've always wanted to knit those, but haven't since every time I try to knit one of Cookie's designs I get the sizing all wrong. I go down too many needles or use the suggested needles and the size is too big. Ugh. I'll have to be satisfied living vicariously through you on that one. MS3 seems like it's going to be so fun! I set up a gmail account just to handle all of the email from it!