Saturday, June 30, 2007

Baby Gift Completed and Some New Books

Here's the wee baby hat that matches the cardigan.



A last photo before it hits the road. I decided to bail on the booties. I thought it might give me baby burnout. In lieu of getting paid, Jerry is asking the Admiral to make a donation to the Autism Society (I've used their resources extensively when the kids were little). I rather be paid in Blue Moon Yarn -but that's not happening.



I bought this book a couple of days ago and it is terrific. I love the format of different choices of needles for different knitting styles.



This is the other book I purchased online. It doesn't look like much from the cover..........



But inside are a ton of swatches and formulas done in white wool and in light grey wool. It is going to change my knitting life bigtime. I am on the waitlist for the Deb Menz / Sara Lamb book, but I don't know when they're getting their next printing out.



And for kicks here is a quirky music video from YouTube It's called Living on the Ceiling by Blancmange. The singer looks a lot like Issac Mizrahi minus the bandanna.

No comments :