Saturday, May 05, 2007

I Heart Ichiban Kan

Here's what happened. I went to a Japanese dollar store in El Cerrito on Friday. After my girls saw how much cute girlie crap you can get for a few mere dollars, I decided to take them to the mother lode: the Ichiban Kan in Japantown.

I bought great snack food and candies. Love the pocky:






Oh so cute plasticware:







Stationery items that are even cuter:






Knitting room organizers with an animal theme. These were a hot tip from Cookie A's blog. The sheepy water bottle holder does double duty as a small knitting project carrier. Smart Cookie : )






Then we did the goofy tourist photos. Katherine and I :






Katherine and Stephanie:







The Peace Plaza Tower:





Just so I make sure there's some knitting content, I finished Katherine's socks. The Navajo plying was a little wonky on them, but that's what happens when you leave a spool half spun and neglect it for a few months. I learned my lesson. They are still fun and very wearable.

2 comments :

kaoticorchid said...

That's awesome! If I ask really nicely can I send you some dough for the next time that you go? Also, Katherine's socks TOTALLY match the shoes!

Anonymous said...

Ichiban Kan is now open online at www.ichibankanusa.com !