Saturday, March 24, 2007

Spring is Here!

I decided to give the Earth Boxes a go. It was a little too hot and windy in my Oklahoma yard so I am expecting better results here in Marin County. We bought some Better Boy tomatoes and basic bell peppers. Grow babies grow. Wish them luck.



Here's a sketch of my sweater that I'm attempting. I found a basic cardigan on Knitting Pattern Central and am modifying the edging with a knitted on i-cord border.



This is the completed back:


Also, I turned 45 on March 13 (YIKESSS!!!). I feel thirtyish so that whole number thing is irrelevant. Mom sent a b'day check and I promptly logged onto Knitpicks for some goodies. A chart holder that stands up (uses magnets), The Barbara Walker Second Treasury of Stitches ( I had this copy once, but it got lost at my last job that I had in NYC in the garment district. I had just gotten married and found out we were moving to Kodiak . It must have fallen behind a bookcase there. Bummer.) And two skeins of a new fingering weight yarn. It's a silk and wool blend , very nice.

1 comment :

kaoticorchid said...

Late happy birthday, sweetie! Good luck with your tomatoes! I just started my gardening this week, too.