Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summer Knitting on the Front Steps

Now that summer is in full force, I am trying to spend as much time outside enjoying it.  My favorite knitting perch is on the green lawn chair right outside the front door.  It has a little shade, so I don't burn and I can hear the kids if they need me.  I also like looking at the perennials.  The hosta are super sizing it this year!


My current project is a lace shawl called 'Fragaria', which I think means strawberry, since there is a repeated strawberry motif in it.  I am loving this lace yarn, it is a blend of baby alpaca and silk.  It knits like a dream and it has a smooshy yet fluffy halo thing goin on.


Here is my knitting tip of the day: A makeshift yarn bra.  WTF is a yarn bra, you ask?  A yarn bra keeps an unruly yarn cake from falling apart and becoming a mess while you are knitting.  I pulled a short ankle sock out of my drawer. I only own three pair of socks that I didn't make myself.  They are these little ankle socks that I bought so that my ankle tattoo would heal nicely.  That was during -10 degree weather in January. Brrr! Anyway, the sock/bra keeps the yarn from tangling. Stores sell these things for $, I just dug one out of my sock drawer.



It's all hugged together.  I may never have an idea like this again, so I am going to run with this and brag.  Yeah, I rock!


No comments :