Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

It snowed all day yesterday and we woke up at 8:00 to the sound of the plow. When I went out to walk Darla, the snow mountain in the front yard had grown. The truck thermostat read 1 degree F.


Here's the view of our little woods in the back. No animal tracks, no visible animal residents.


We've been cranking the basement pellet stove. I would hang out down there all day, but I hear it's the guys' territory. They don't want my gurl cooties and craft project contaminating their space. Harumpf! Give me a break.


I started on my hooking project. It is going to become a rug for the kitchen. The locker hooking is fast and addictive. But, working with a hard canvas is wreaking havoc on my hands. Time to break out some hand balm, and try to pace myself.


Katherine finished her zebra bag. She's thrilled with the results.


I started a lace shawlette from Gudrun Johnson. It's the Wast Side pattern. It is constructed by making all of the dinosaur points first. It is kind of slow going.

I finished my funky stripey super saturated socks. The colors may even make snow melt! They are so toasty.

No comments :