Monday, December 28, 2009

Hollidaze

I hope everyone's holidays went well.



Ours went with a couple of hitches and glitches. Some of the stuff didn't show up in time. It was a little hard for Will, but he was a great sport and the gifts showed up over the last couple of days. The kids got some games for their 'devices' (I think there's one of every genre in this house: Wii, DS, PSP ). Jerry's mom sent us a check and he went out and got an X box 360, so I guess that can go on the list too. He, the biggest kid, has been happily gaming along and killing aliens and making the world a better place. I am not a gamer at all. I don't even know what they are talking about half of the time. Does it bother me? Not at all, Santa/Jerry gave me a new MacBook. Our other one is three years old, and lately there have been too many fights over who gets to use it. I love having my own. I also get the gift of time to knit while they are doing their game thing. I will watch reality television, movies or listen to podcasts with a glass of wine and knit away. Total bliss.


Here is my latest project. A modified sage remedy top. I am using a lighter weight yarn, in a rayon /linen blend. I took off the rib on the hem because, I don't do the 'bubble look'. Probably nobody should do the bubble look, except for maybe babies. My rows per inch are dramatically off so, I am doing a ton of improvising and praying to the knitting Gods for insight. I think blocking may do wonders on this top (it better!). Oops- I just noticed while staring at it that I want it to be a bit longer before the feather and fan pattern starts. Some more frogging tonight. Sigh


I also tried my hand a candy making. We made some batches of butter crunch. It was super easy and I am going to investigate the possibility of doing this with a gluten free cracker base or maybe even pouring the candy goo over some gluten free pretzels. But that's an adventure for another day.


Jerry loved the quilt. He was surprised that it was made while he was gone those two weeks. I told him those two weeks were a madhouse, because of the quilt factory. He then told me I sounded extra crazed. That's the toll speed sewing takes on you. Darla didn't want to share the couch in this photo of Jerry doing the 'Dagwood' pose.


1 comment :

woolydaisy said...

looks like a very relaxed holiday indeed!love your ornaments. our xmas stockings as kids where red burlap with angels on them. their faces where plastic like your elf ornament!