Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Quick Update

I forgot to post this. It was done about a month ago from a gigundo sunflower leaf and some easy mix concrete (and a pile of sand to get the concave shape). I think I want to paint it in a verdigris blue/green style, but it is too hot to deal with that idea for now.



This is a pair of socks that I started in July when I did that trip to Long Island. The socks are from Cookie A's new book, Sock Innovations. The yarn is from Tess, in a nice mossy color. I got a little lazy and stopped the pattern after the cuff.


Here is how the blanket is progressing. I've been adding squares on every night. I still haven't put much thought into how I want to handle the outer edge, but I-cord may be the way to go.






3 comments :

Birdsong said...

Steph told me about your blanket and it is looking great! You could do a single crocheted edging around it. Love the leaf!

magnusmog said...

Lovin' the blanket:)

woolydaisy said...

love the socks and the quilt-so cozy-will the family fight over it?