Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Laying Low Until Stitches



Stitches is just a few weeks away and I am not going to start anything big and/or fancy until I get back. I mean, what would be the point if I start something new and then get to Stitches West and become totally awestruck by all the other fabulous creations. It would just drive me batty. So I had better just work on some socks and finish up loose ends around here. Besides, I overdid it in the sock yarn department last year and I should whittle down the sock stash.


I did finish my Frosted Fern Niebling lace yesterday. That was a blast. I think I will enjoy my recovery time because it really was a challenge and tested my patience. It was so worth it though.

So I have a new obsession. We bought William a Wii Fit for his birthday. He is not much into exercising other than biking. The Wii fit has balance, yoga, and aerobic games that are fun and fiercely addictive. I find myself getting obsessed with hula hoops, tightrope walking, and running. Yes, I am finding I like running as long as nobody is watching me. Let's see if I can stick with it.



I also bit the bullet and got 'no-line' also known as progressive bifocals. I first got one pair about two weeks ago. That pair must have been botched because I had a hell of a time seeing thru them. I went to a party while wearing them and literally had to stand with my back to the wall to help me keep my balance. They were a mess. I went back to the store and got a refund and had gone to a different eyeglass shop. This time I showed them my sock knitting and explained why I needed the bifocals.
They must have understood me because I haven't had any problems with this pair.

So that's all for now. I guess I better start organizing and making lists for Stitches West. I want to shop smarter this year if at all possible.

2 comments :

kaoticorchid said...

Lurvely! Simply smashing lace-knitting, dahling!

Is the Wii fit really fun? I thought maybe the yoga thing might be cool.

Jen-Jenny-Jennifer said...

That is GORGEOUS!!!! I'm new to knitting, still rockin' the garter stitch scarves, but just ordered my first pair of circular needles and will attend my first "knit-a-thon" tomorrow! Love your blog!