Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Glitterific

I have been spinning up a storm this week. Today, I am working on some sparkly batts from Butterfly Girl. It is 50% bamboo, 50% alpaca and a heavy dash of angelina sparkle. I have never worked from batts before so I just jumped in feet first like I normally do. Here is the batt:



Here is how it ended up looking on the bobbin:



And this is what ended up on my t-shirt.



There was pink and gold angelina bits everywhere. I think I had better ply this with some natural singles and bring the sparkle down a notch or two. Maybe I am supposed to wear an apron when spinning this disco yarn.

2 comments :

woolydaisy said...

gorgeous! i love it! happy turkey day!

kaoticorchid said...

Lol! That's great! I've been carding some batts like that this past week and there is firestar and angelina all over the craft room! It's invading! Ahhh!