Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Payoff Time

I have some good things to show you, but before I goof off, I must do some repairs to Jerry's work uniform.



Okay, I just about finished one sock. This pattern has great flow. I may have to make another pair or two of this design for the Christmas pile.



While Jerry was away in N.Y. visiting his dad, I felt sorry for myself. So what's a poor gurl to do? I took advantage of Knitpicks book sale. I also snagged a pair of big dp needles for felting and then ordered some dye from Julie of Sheep Hollow Farms. She sells the dye in small packets, perfect for mixing up bottles of dyestock. It was a good haul! Now I must get back to that knit from your stash thing (pout!).



Here's the best! All of the tomatoes and peppers are ripening at once and I cannot keep up with them. I have chopped and froze a couple of quarts of rainbow peppers already. I imagine we will be using them for cooking into the fall. Yum! Tomorrow, I will be making a caprese salad (tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and olive oil) to catch up with the tomato glut. If that does not get rid of the bunch, then I will resort to Plan B, which is sauce. I am not doing well with the zucchini. I only had one ripen so far. But the summer is young and I am optimistic. If I fail at zucchini then we'll just add something else next year.

1 comment :

kaoticorchid said...

Yay! So the Earth boxes get a good review then?