Friday, June 15, 2007

Busy Bee

I finished up the toasty tonal socks before our Shasta trip, but I forgot to photograph them. I think they're for me. I wear a lot of browns, so I'm claiming them.



I also completed one of these funky colored socks. I have to put the second sock on hold because another project came up.



Yep , baby stuff. More specifically, a baby cardigan for the Admiral's grand baby. No, I am not a suck up, I don't do the wives club or play bunco. This job came to me via the carpool that Jerry rides in. He was telling her (this Admiral's a 'she') that I am a knitting fool and she requested an baby outfit for a baby shower gift. So this is a photo of the cardi from the book Knitting for Baby.



She requested a light green Aran cabled type sweater so I ordered some fingering weight superwash Louet Gems in sage green from Cyber Fiber. I may make it a little more boxy shaped as the one in the photo is a little long and lean. I also want to change the neck and front bands. If time allows, I will do a cap and booties, just because I want to make it a kick butt gift. I hope I got the color right. I'll post photos as this one progresses. Later!

No comments :