Saturday, November 11, 2006

Stitches West and A Red Scarf Started



Stitches West sign ups started at 9:00 am on November 9th. Not one to be excluded from a class, I called XRX very early and promptly registered. I guess I could safely be called a groupie or fanatic. Now that's not a bad thing, is it? I mean everyone is still fed and the laundry gets done (maybe not folded and put away). Here are the classes I signed up for:

Shaping shawls: Triangles and trapezoids - Joan Shrouder
Forgotten meshes - Ruth Lantz
Cuff craze: New twists on socks - Karen Alfke
Toe-Up Socks -Susie Hodges

I hope to conquer my inability to knit toe up socks. The other classes are to enhance my knitting life. I am so excited and cannot wait for February.




Now is the time of the year to focus on charitable knitting. I signed up for the Red Scarf Project a while back. I wasn't feeling the pressure to get cracking until this week. So after indulging myself in the Stitches West (dare I say) "Binge", I decided it is time to get moving on some red scarves. This is my first. It is made of hand dyed and handspun fiber of which I cannot remember. The pattern is an easy to remember razor shell that has only two pattern rows to repeat. It looks good and is working up fast. Perfect knitting for tonight's Netflix movie, "Click".

No comments :