Sunday, August 10, 2014

Who Wore it Better?

Darla the dog:






Or Sue the human:


It's Darla by a landslide.   Darla may be old, with cataracts and hearing loss, but she totally rocked the shawl.

Here are a couple of more photos:




I think this one is a keeper.  It needs to be worn at Rhinebeck this Fall.
Here are the Ravelry notes on it:

    Project info
    Cloudy with a chance of strawberries
    Knitting
    Myself
    Larger than the original design
      Needle and yarn
      US 000 - 1.5 mm
      0.7 skeins = 612.5 yards (560.1 meters), 70 grams
      Gray
      Notes

      This yarn is fine, yet with a delicate halo. I bet it will bloom nicely when blocked.

      Worked chart ‘C’ 15 times. I could have probably done a couple more increases, but I was afraid of running out.

      Now I need to stop procrastinating and start on my Rhinebeck sweater.





      No comments :