Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Blast of Color While Waiting for Spring


This one annoys me because the color transitions came out choppy.



I wanted to test out dyeing with PAAS Easter Egg dyes.
I bought a few packs on Easter clearance.



The dye blank looks very intestinal wrapped up in Saran wrap.



Quite pleased with the dye results.  Though, I toned it down with a coffee dyebath to cut the brightness.



The finished cowl matches the kitchen.



 And strangely reminds me of port wine spreadable cheddar cheese.



Some sewing, to round things out.


2 comments :

woolydaisy said...

Lovely! Do tell about the coffee dye bath and love you Zulus petals! I had a friend who grew up in kaukana Wisconsin ! Hahahaha! That cracks me up! Nothing like some good cheese product! Colorful at best!

lyn_in_MI said...

i love that cheese! & you are right, it does look like it, only your pink is nicer