I thought I would do a quick summary of how the garden grew (or didn't) and spare the boring details.
What Worked: German Paste Tomatoes, Roma Tomatoes, Black Beauty Eggplant, Polish Dill Style Cukes, Dill, Cilantro, Basil, Grapes (though I don't know what do do with them- they are seedy with tough skins)
What Failed: Brandywine Tomatoes, Broccoli, Zucchini, Summer Squash, Pumpkins, Blueberries
I am blaming the drought, my late start with planting, and having the irrigation turned on rather late. Another thing I noticed is the wild apple trees didn't produce anything.
Thanks to the supplemented tomatoes from the farmer's market, I was able to try canning sauce for the first time.
It wasn't as hard as I imagined, though you have to be organized and keep everything sterilized. I got one jar that had a traveling crack, no explosions.
I tried some refrigerator pickles that came out pretty tasty.
On the knitting front, I started a new cardigan (about six times). It is the Gnarled Oak and it is a bitch to get the gauge right. I think what I have going now will work....hopefully. "Gnarly Man!!!"