Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day.  Mine was very mellow and relaxing.  The kids  let me sleep in, which is a delight.  They made me cookies, handmade cards, chore coupons and a friendship bracelet.   The piece de resistance was this action figure.  We were watching this strange gang movie a couple of weeks ago called The Warriors.  Sneaky Jerry searched around on eBay and found me this action figure, 'Swan'.  He comes with interchangeable hands, a knife and molotov cocktail accessories.  I suppose he can hang out and guard the Barbies.

Jerry took Will and Katherine to see the new Wolverine movie.  I was a little jealous, but then I embraced my free time and hung out with Stephanie and knitted..... a lot.  I was freaking out about whether there was enough yarn spun up to finish these socks.  So I just went on a marathon and finished the pair with only 16 inches to spare.  Very close call.  They almost became toeless  pedicure socks by default.  All in all a great day.

Yesterday I had the urge to dye.  And grabbed a bag of ramboulliet (sp) from Stitches.  I wanted to do something firey hot so here's a peek at it wrapped and ready to steam. 

Here are my pink tinted fingers.  They are still a little pink today.

And here is my pile of dyed roving.  Es muy caliente!  


Lastly, here is a video of my cousin John's band Flying Machines. He's the Vietnamese guy on guitar. They won some contest with Fender guitars. Nice work John.


2 comments :

woolydaisy said...

awesome swan doll dude!!!
love the roving-what are ya gonna do with it?

woolydaisy said...

p.s. the moltav cocktail rocks! hubby just might have made amends with your imaginary friend-after that horrid comment about your feb. lady's sweater!!!