Sunday, March 09, 2008

Trystero in Rainbow Fish Colors



YIKES! A pile of knots! Whoever was supposed to be watching the skeining machine must have been napping. Sheez. I hope the second skein fares better.

DSCN0222

  I started some cabled wonder socks called Trystero designed by Cookie A.  They are complex yet irresistible at the same time.  It feels like you are following a map while knitting.  I can't leave them alone.  I got a lot done last night while watching Darjeeling Limited from Netflix.  It was a quirky movie with even quirkier casting.  Who could possibly believe that Owen Wilson,  Adrian Brody and Jason Schwartzman  were brothers?  No Way.  But, I am a total sucker for interesting scenery and cultural immersion.  Also,  I decided I could never ride on the Indian rail system.


DSCN0219
Here's Katherine in the stash busting lace scarf.  It's cushy soft and lofty.  She may not need it where we're going to!

P.S.  A  Kauni is coming!

3 comments :

woolydaisy said...

hi soxy!!! that first picture looks like this bit of lace i tried last year-until "luca brasi" got ahold of it-

the sock is just gorgeous!

katherine must love that scarf-wowie!!!!!

yes, i think you do need to start an insulator collection-they are just so cool. expensive hobby though-we saw some in the $1000s. oh well.

p.s. what is a kauni????????

Jill L said...

I love the socks and the lace scarf. Just got my first shipment of The Seven Deadly S(p)ins and so I am off to learn a new a pattern. Did you get that sock yarn at Stitches?

kaoticorchid said...

WOW! Katherine's scarf is so pretty! I love the color of the sock you're knitting. Pretty pretty pretty!