Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fibonacci Sequence Shawl



After reading and watching the DaVinci Code, I wanted to see how this sequence works out in real life. I knitted up a blank using Nancy Robert's technique (she a fantastic machine knitter/dyer that lives across the bridge). The math for the knitting was simple. What really made me question my sanity was working out the proportions of colors for the dyes. I used a silk/wool blend in a sport weight (that has the luster of Jaggerspun's Zephyr). It came out splotchy and I actually had to dye the violet sections twice (talk about nightmares). I think the silk made the yarn a little slow to absorb- even though I wetted the blank overnight. Now the big issue here is what lace pattern to use. I am leaning towards either a Mimknits or an Evelyn Clark triangular shape, but I am open to suggestions here. Come on knitters, help me out please.



P.S. Do you like how it goes with the chairs? I am on the wait list for Deb Menz's dye formula book and hopefully she will get me inspired enough to leave my comfort zone of teal, berries and purples. Later!

No comments :