Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy Socktoberfest!


So, I am starting a toe up sock in celebration of Socktoberfest. I used the nifty toe setup as found in the current edition of Knitty. Sorry about the lame photo effort. I am rather fried this week (Girl Scouts, school IEP meetings, science projects -two solar ovens!, creosote gas testing done in the house, the list goes on and on and on). I am just holding objects up to the computer screen until I can get my act together and find the camera.

I am liking the splashy colors of this yarn. It's an Opal handpaint, color 20. I bought it from a yarn shop in OKC. The skein was cigarette smoke scented and I had to rescue it with a relaxing lavender bath. It's fine now and enjoying a second chance at life. Say NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! to smoky yarn shops.

P.S. Stay tuned- the mermaids are coming!!!!!!!

No comments :